Thursday, October 22, 2009

Concept Art for World

Well, on Tuesday I almost had a panic attack, because I realized that I had lost my flash drive somewhere.  And it didn't help that I was in class with nothing to do, because stupid me decided to only have one copy of my character model file.  Thank God I left it in the Comm Arts lab and someone turned it in.  I have now saved an extra copy on the school computer and in my email. 

Today I have some concept art for the world of the game.  The pictures show the land of the kuriole (the dark ones) and the land of the shirienne (the light ones), as well as the in between.  The in between is the land that is not owned by either race.  It's going to look pretty normal.  It'll mostly be forests and fields.  The inbetween is also the only area where you see both night and day.  In the two lands owned by the kuriole and the shirienne, the sky never changes. 

The picture I have for the in between is something I painted a few months ago and just decided that it would work.  All the images were painted in Colors for the Nintendo DS, because I'm awesome like that.




These are sort of what the Kuriole land will look like.  I tried to keep them pretty consistent.  Basically, it's always night here, and everything is pretty gothic looking.  But even though it's night there is a redish tint to the sky, making it look like it could just be a really dark day.



The Shirienne land was fun, but I'm not 100% happy with it.  It needs more tweaking.  There should be more super sweet looking stuff around.

Both of the lands have these little glowy particles that float around in the sky.  I'm not exactly sure what they are, I just thought they look cool.  :D



 This is a forest from the in between.  Here it is night, but it can also be day.  There's grass and other normal looking stuff.  It has a slight fantasy-ness to it, though.

That's all for now.  I'm currently rigging Claire, and I'll update with more on that in a little bit.
Bye!

1 comment:

  1. I love the forest :) It's colored really nicely.

    ReplyDelete